Monday, May 9, 2011

The Bluff

"Ms. Y told me she was going to be out, and she wanted me to tell you what we're doing today."

It was fifth period. I had lesson plans. I had been following said lesson plans all day. But I wanted to see what the girl would say, so I let her continue.

"We're working on vocabulary. And we can sit anywhere we want."

Um, yeah, right. I don't think so. Although, I give her points for coming up with a plausible assignment. I expected a "we can just hang out/we don't have any work to do" explanation. But the sit anywhere bit I was not buying.

Oh, and for the record: this was an honors class.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Several of my classes were/are intensive studies programs. Students apply. They supposedly want to be there. It's amazing how little most of 'em want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Well, she has gall for trying. What did you tell her?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.