Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How Big Is Your Water Bottle?

I get these ideas. Sometimes they come to nothing, but other times I am able to take the idea and make something of it.  

Orange. My favorite.

It was about 15 years ago when I first stumbled across the water bottle carrier idea. I saw a pattern in a knitting magazine. I liked the idea, but I was not fond of the execution. I knew I could come up with something better.  

White goes with everything.

It took me a while (read: a couple years) to come up with a pattern that I liked. I decided that it had to be mesh-like. The best way to achieve this was to use crochet, but my crochet skills are nowhere near as well developed as my knitting ones. Eventually, I was able to make something that I liked.  

Kind of a bright green.

As you can see, I've been making a lot of them. So many that I've put them up for sale.  

Black goes with everything, too.

But I can't just do a blog post on the new merchandise in Zizi Rho Designs. That would be boring. There has to be something in it for you.  

CONTEST

Yeah, I'm going to give one of these carriers away. Well, not one of these, per se. I'm going to crochet one just for my winner, in the color and dimensions of the winner's choosing.  

To enter: All you need to do is to comment on this post, telling me the dimensions (either diameter or circumference of your water bottle and the bottle's height) in that comment. Oh, and your comment should link back to you in some way so I can contact you if you are my winner. 

(Make sure to specify which (diameter or circumference) you are measuring and tell me if you're measuring in inches or centimeters, please. I need to be able to make your carrier to fit your bottle.)  
Quart Carry Cases
It doesn't have to be a water bottle carrier. These carry home frozen yogurt quarts.
For bonus entries, help me promote the contest. Tweet it (make sure to include @ZiziRho so I know) or post it on Facebook (you can also like Zizi Rho Designs on Facebook if you are so inclined). If you wish to include it on your blog, I'll give you two bonus entries.  

The contest will be open until Wednesday, June 6th at 11:59 PM PDT (my time zone). Yes, I will ship internationally.

And tomorrow, more subbing stories! (Okay, who groaned?)  

6 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I don't own a water bottle but I could get one for something as cool as this. I'm trying to be more active (hence I may need a water bottle someday). I've joined Healthy Utah and am going to get weighed plus my blood tested on June 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say these are really beautiful! I'm in Canada, so shipping would be a nightmare for you, so I'm not entering, but I hope you get a very happy winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to figure my way through international shipping. Feel free to enter.

      Delete
  3. These would be great for out Trek at the end of June. I need to go buy something to measure around my water bottle. Sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I'm sharing this on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I enter my coffee mug? It's travel size. i'll say 8" tall, 2 1/2" base going to 4" at top. off to tweet this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.