Monday, June 25, 2012

Year End Tally

June 20th was the last day of school. That means that it's time for me to compile my stats. Although, I made it easy on myself this year. I kept list.

Of the 177 school days (there were three furlough days), I worked 100. That's down from last year and the year before. 42 of those days were in high school classes, 22 in middle school classes, and 34 were at the continuation high school.

I worked the last day of school (the whole last week, actually) but not the first.

Specifically, here are some of the more interesting numbers (although I'm not going to include every day worked):

  • Science: 24 days
    • Physics: only 2 days (boo!)
    • Chemistry: 7 days (including the last week, which doesn't really count)
    • Biology: 7 days
    • 8th grade (which is physical science): 7 days
  • Math: 9 days
  • English: 17 days
    • The majority were at the CHS: 9 days
  • Social Studies: 25 days
    • Economics: 7 days (funny, as econ is a subject I am very weak in)
    • Government: 6 days
  • Re-entry: 5 days (a record, as she's rarely out)
  • Opportunity: 4 days
Most notably, I did not have a full special ed day all year, although I covered 10 extra periods in special ed classes. I did not cover any music or theater classes (I usually cover those a couple times a year), and I only covered art classes on 4 days.  

Today summer school begins. And guess where I am?  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a spreadsheet for this? You are so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. which subject is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lying on the beach with a drink in your hand! ;)

    Or I guess summer school.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.