Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another Conspiracy Theory

The other day I was watching this show about the dollar bill, and it quickly devolved into a diatribe against the Freemasons. While normally I kind of enjoy conspiracy theory rants, this time I lost my patience after about 15 minutes. I had to turn the thing off it annoyed me so.

I tend to be dubious about most conspiracy theories. Sure, there are powerful people out to take care of their own self interest, but I have a hard time with the concept of a group of powerful people working together for one world-taking-over goal. (Those who have the means are too selfish and too short-sighted, in my opinion.)

But what if I'm wrong?

What if there was a group of people who were working on world domination? What would their goals be? Would they be able to achieve them? Would we not notice?

4 comments:

  1. I like the conspiracy theory that lizard men are secretly in control of the world. A surprising number of creationists are easy to lure into this kind of thinking. Big surprise? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sometimes leery of this way of thinking but it wouldn't surprise me to discover that there IS a group of powerful people running things behind all our backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure there really are people who work on world domination. It's just that they happen to be doing it from their mother's basement rather than the headquarters of a secret society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to doubt conspiracy theories, too--I usually figure that, regardless of whether there's actually a group of people attempting world domination, there's nothing I can do about it myself.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.