Friday, August 29, 2014

Passing Notes

It was Friday at the continuation high school. A group of students in the back far corner weren't doing a heck of a whole lot, but the conversation was fairly benign. 

The period ended. They left. I did a quick sweep of the room to pick up loose papers and pencils when a page caught my eye.


It was left where that group had been sitting. And it makes no sense. Neither side.

"I Feel like we look like them 'the city'!"
I mean, it wasn't like they were silent. Why they needed to write this stuff down, I have no idea. 

Just when I'd given up on the future of the human race, I spied a notebook from the same class.


I have no idea what the rest of the second thing is supposed to be (besides the anarchy symbol), but the first statement is rather well put. 

Of course, he would have spent his time better, oh, I don't know, perhaps doing the assignment for class.

Ah well. It was Friday, after all.

13 comments:

  1. The second statement on the notebook looks like he was going to write "people are not expected" or "people are not expecting" but got interrupted...maybe by a teacher looking at him?!!! I wonder if they were writing notes because they were talking about someone seated nearby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the rest of the class was pretty quiet, so nearby students would have noticed them suddenly shutting up and passing a note. That would have been more suspicious.

      Delete
  2. But what fun is doing the assignment?

    Those are some strange notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I knew what conversation led to those.

      Delete
  3. I took the first to mean, have you seen The Cat in the Hat?

    I'm just surprised kids still WRITE notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does make you wonder about the notes. Maybe written in some code only they know?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think it would be frightening to try to get into their minds:) Love that they still write notes

    ReplyDelete
  6. people are not expendable?
    i sub too! i love hearing and overhearing what youth has to say these days.

    and the previous post - didnt we have that swine flu scare? that was bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that's what it was. Hard to remember now.

      Delete
  7. The notes I find usually say, "You smell" or "you love ethin" (sic). It's amusing in a way don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's usually the notes I find as well. And I love to share them here as the spelling and grammar is usually...well...interesting.

      Delete
  8. Friday before a three-day weekend. Even I had trouble concentrating on my assignment. :) The only EXPE I know is the stock market symbol for Expedia. Doubt that's it.

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the first note I'd guess that he was talking about Mike Myers. They are too young to associate him with Wayne's World or Austin Powers. I have no idea what the second note could be about.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.