Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Forgiveness


It was the Monday of the final week of school. I was covering a computer class. It was a fairly easy day even though most of them were done with the class. As in, there was nothing left for them to do as they'd turned everything in. They had the computers to keep them entertained, after all.

Fourth period filed in. One boy recognized me from the previous time I'd covered one of his classes.

"I forgive you for art class," he told me.

I did remember that art class. So... um... he forgives me? What, exactly, did I do?

Apparently, he had gotten transferred out (to the theater class he wanted) before the class had to write the apology letters. Letters he, apparently, thinks were wrong...?

I don't remember what I said in response. Something snarky, I hope. Because, seriously. I wasn't the one goofing off, dude.

And if you haven't seen my Monday post, please make sure to check it out. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

14 comments:

  1. I had to hop over to the post you linked about the art class. It's really nice that the teacher had them all write apologies to you. But why would you need to be forgiven? That makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. This is why I did a double take when he said it.

      Delete
  2. I don't follow his logic, but then again, he's a teenager. They don't have to make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be one weird comment to get from a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. He was a weird kid. I could frighten you with what he drew that day as stuff he liked, but I try to keep this blog SFW.

      Delete
  4. Oh a future passive-aggressive man to badge his future wife-how nice...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that he forgave you, LOL. I'm sure you have to exhibit a lot of self control at times when dealing with some of the students!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it rolls off my back. Other days I can't stop the snarky. At least sometimes the snarky stays in my head...

      Delete
  6. How...magnanimous of him? I'm not really sure. It makes less sense than those kids usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, what a wise cracker. Think he will go far with that attitude? Let's take bets. My bet is he's going to get smacked with reality and think of you as the one who he needed to apologize too. Too much to dream for tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still in middle school. It'll be interesting to see what he's like when he's a junior or senior.

      Delete
  8. Teenager = Attitude. I hope your response was snarty, too. Maybe, it sorta put him in his place...temporarily. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, how wonderful he deigned himself to forgive you! Oh, brother. *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.