Thursday, December 17, 2015

An Early Lunch


Guess what? This is the penultimate post in this series. Yep, we're nearing the end. I had this 8th grade science class near the beginning of October, and I've finally gotten most of the stories that class generated posted. Hooray!  

In-n-Out was catering lunch on the second day of the assignment. The school had lengthened the lunch period so everyone could get their burgers. They took a minute from each passing period.

I'm generally understanding to students who barely make it on days like this (unless they give me reason not to be).

Unless they run into the room way after the bell. Laughing.

"Can we leave a couple minutes early for lunch?"

Normally, the answer would have been no. This group? It was more of a "hell no" (with a silent "hell").

"But Ms. O would let us go..."

Possible, but unlikely.

Besides, we were probably the closest classroom to the line. They already had a head start.

Also, this is my week at Unicorn Bell. I'd love it if you'd stop by. I'm talking about social media marketing.

12 comments:

  1. This is so funny, the word penultimate was in your blog post and in the post of the blog I was reading right before yours. How interesting; never heard of the word before and then it pops up almost side to side :)

    I think its cool that In and Out does stuff like this; breaks up the monotony of the school cafeteria lunches :)

    Now off to google what penultimate means :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love penultimate. It just means second to last. I use it at school all the time just to introduce as many people as possible to it.

      Delete
  2. I have heard so much about In and Out! But never tasted! I am off to check out your posts about social media marketing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty good. I'm not much of a burger person, so I go there rarely (like once this whole year).

      Delete
  3. Liz, we were never allowed to dismiss early from class. We had to wait for the school bell for every time. Kids today seem to get more breaks than I ever remember getting. That's kinda nice for both the student and the teacher, if you ask me. :D When does school break for Christmas? I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and I pray for God's blessings to be with you in the coming new year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost taken you through the whole end of the year :). I'm not sure what's more amusing, that they tried that tired old excuse or that they thought their behavior would put you in the mood to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get mine to count down in varying number groups to the bell as practise for their times tables but I suppose yours are too old for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if we're not in a math class. I just threaten them with they don't get to leave until everyone is seated. It helps calm the situation.

      Delete
  6. In and Out certainly generates a lot of excitement! I've never eaten their food, but people seem to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something you need to go out of your way for. An excellent fast food burger, but not more than that.

      Delete
  7. A fast food joint caters their lunch? So much for school lunches getting healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fundraiser. And they don't get fries. Yeah... Well... I don't know how much healthier school food is getting, really.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.